The main duties and responsibilities of a Governor are to:
- Know and support the aims of the school, its mission statement and ensure that these are achieved.
- Determine the overall direction and development of the school through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- Promote and develop the school in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance in society.
- Ensure that the school and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the school’s governing document.
- Act in the best interest of the school, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Maintain sound financial management of the school’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with its objectives, and investment activities meet accepted standard and policies.
- Assist in the interviewing, appointing and monitoring of the work and activities of the senior staff.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of governors’ responsibilities to the school, and to accord with the conflicts of interest policy.
- Contribute his or her expertise to the discussions of the Governing Body.
The full governing body meets once per term.
Attendance and Declaration of Business Interests
Please click here to view our governors' table of attendance and business register for 2019 - 2020
Meet our governors......
Mr I Tetlow: Headteacher
Mr C Campbell (Chair): Parent Governor: Chair
Mrs C Beattie: Co-opted Governor: SEN, Child Protection and Looked After Children
Mr J Gabrielides: Staff Governor
Mr J Mallon: Co-Opted Governor: Science, Literacy and Health and Safety
Mr L Rickett: Parent Governor: Computing
Ms M Stewart-Groen Parent Governor: Curriculum
Mr A Boroda: Co-Opted Governor: Life Skills
Mr S Baxter: Parent Governor: Data & Assessment and Numeracy
Governing Body Handbook
Please click here to have a look at our handbook.