Remote / Home Schooling
Whilst we realise and understand home schooling is no substitute for full-time education we face unprecedented times not seen in modern history.
On this page you will find home learning packs for Years 1 to 6. These packs will be updated in accordance with government directives regarding the length of school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If and when packs are updated notification will be sent via the school's twitter account. All learning packs are electronically based and cover basic skills in English: Reading, Writing and Grammar; Mathematics and Science. They can be downloaded via the links below.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact the school directly.
HOME LEARNING PACKS
Alongside the resources found on this page all pupils from Years 1 to 6 will have access to the following resources via their own individual login details.
Each can be accessed below:
- TTRockStars [click here] Individual login required
- Accelerated Reader [click here] Individual login required. For Accelerated Reader use the link above. Do not go through any search engines such as Google as this will not grant you access.
- Epic Books [click here] Access Code: mng1898. Epic Books is a website open during school hours (09:00 - 15:30). It contains a wealth of Accelerated Reader materials. Children can access this site, read books in their ZPD range, and then quiz via the Accelerated Reader link above. Epic Books access details are referenced on the Home Learning letter sent from school on Thursday 19th March and can also be accessed by clicking here.
- Third Space Learning (for predesignated Year 6 pupils) [click here] Individual login required
If your child has lost or missed placed any of their login details please contact the school immediately.
Additionally, the Hamilton Trust has announced it will be making online resources available free of charge during the period of school closures. These materials, as they are produced, are available by clicking here.
Furthermore parents/carers can download the following apps from the Apple or Android Play stores:
- Pixl Unlock - an immersive English vocabulary app Individual login required
- Pixl TT - a Mathematical multiplication facts app Individual login required
Our PIXL school number/code is: HL5508
If your child has lost or misplaced any of their Pixl login details please contact the school immediately.
Reception Web Links
Here are some web links for children to enjoy at home
Phonics play – lots of free phonic games to play at home
Cbeebies – Alphablocks - blend and read the words that the Alphablocks make
Oxford Owl – lots of free e-books, games and activities
Ladybird Spots – counting, matching and ordering numbers
Underwater Counting – count the underwater creatures to find the treasure
Gingerbread Man Game – count sequence, and order the numbers
Topmarks - Lots of free counting games, songs and reading activities
Alphablocks - Cartoons for the children to consolidate phonic skills – these also link I to the guided reading book that we have in school
Numberblocks - Cartoons for the children to practise number skills